Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Candy Cane Crinkle Cookies


So, this blog has been dormant for awhile and may continue to be, but here is a new recipe.  I haven't branched out much and have really just been using recipes that I already know.  I came across a recipe for Candy Cane cookies on pinterest and decided to try it.  Here is the original link (click here)

One reason that I keep this blog (besides my avid 3 readers) is that it makes it really easy to keep track of things I can actually make ;-)

Here were the cookies:

Ingredients:

3 whole peppermint candy canes
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 egg
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar

I doubled the recipe and actually used 8 candy canes.  Why not make more if you are going to go through the effort.  

Cook at 350 for about 9 minutes.

Step 1: Put the candy canes in a bag and crush them with a mallet 

 Step 2: Mix in all of the other ingredients.  (You can slowly mix them but ehy)

Step 3: Scoop them out into about a tablespoon size on a cookie sheet covered by parchment paper.  

Step 4: Cook at 350 for 9 minutes.  Let cool for 9 minutes.

Viola!


Let me just say that these are better after sitting for several hours, unlike most cookies that are best right out of the oven.  They basically taste like sugar cookies with a little bit of peppermint. 


No comments:

Post a Comment