Sunday, January 29, 2012

Slow cooker cilantro lime chicken

Today, I decided to take a stab at this recipe from Pinterest: Cilantro Lime Chicken.

It was very easy and very tasty. Here is the recipe:

24 oz jar medium salsa (I used 30 oz of Medium Pace Picante)
Juice from 1 lime
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (I probably used a bit more, I just grabbed a bushel and chopped)
1.25 oz package taco seasoning (I used 2 packages)
2 jalapeno peppers
6 boneless chicken breasts (mine were frozen)
I also added 1 can of diced green chiles

Then, I threw all of this into a slow cooker for 4.5 hours (it calls for 6).

It was damn good, if I must say so myself. Here are pics:


The amount of cilantro I used


All of the ingredients in the pot


Viola..... I also added a bit of shredded Mexican cheese on top. You could serve this in a tortilla, but I preferred it alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment