Sunday, January 29, 2012

Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup

While my cilantro lime chicken was cooking, I used a 2nd crockpot to make this soup and served it on the size. Yum. (Click here for the original pinterest recipe).

Here are the ingredients:

1 can black beans, drained
1 can corn, drained
1 can diced tomatoes (I used a 14.5 oz can that was spicy with diced chiles)
1 can enchilada sauce, red (the recipe calls for 1 packet mix, so you could try that and mix with water)
1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce (I used low sodium)
1 can (10 3/4 oz) cream of chicken soup (I used low sodium/low fat)
2 cup milk
3-4 chicken breasts (I used 5)

I also added:
2 cans of small, diced chile peppers
2 jalapenos

Put everything in a crockpot, except the milk and soup. Combine the milk and soup in a bowl and whisk, then add it to the mix.


Cook on low for 6 hours (I cooked for 4.5 and it was good).

After it is cooked, I pull out the chicken, chop into pieces and put back in. Then, serve with Mexican cheese and crushed tortilla chips on top.


Viola!!

No comments:

Post a Comment