Friday, January 20, 2012

Veggie lasagna- a sucessful, real recipe :-)

Now it's time for a real recipe, vegetarian lasagna. Here were my ingredients:

shredded mozzarella, fresh mozzarella, no-boil lasagna noodles, spaghetti sauce (see my rec from the stuffed shells), fresh garlic, squash, artichoke hearts, frozen spinach, portbella mushrooms, jalapeno, olive oil, dried minced onion, crushed red pepper

Here they are (ignore the onion, I got lazy):



I also attempted to add eggplant, but I couldn't get it peeled. HA!!

OK, here we go.

Step 1: Peel the squash (I used 2 squash....). I sauteed all veggies with olive oil, garlic, crushed red pepper, and dried minced onion. I had to do several batches and then save the rest in a bowl when they were done due to the very small pan I had. Again, I used this garlic:



And here are the spices:







Step 2: Cut up one jalapeno (optional...not like you're forced to do anything else I write)



Step 3: Cut up the mushrooms (ok, you don't have to go in that order)



Step 5: Sautee.... the artichoke hearts were also added now


Step 6: open up the awesome fresh mozz and give it a taste. YUM! I bought the pearls this time so you didn't even need to cut it and they worked fine


Step 7: Make up for the mozzarella by sauteing the spinach. I literally just throw it in frozen in the chunk and let it melt



Step 8: Preheat the oven to 375. Put down a layer of sauce


Step 9: Put down a layer of noodles


Step 10: Add a layer of your sauteed mix.


Sprinkle through the fresh mozz (I would have probably put in a bit more mozz than pictured)



Step 11:Cover that layer with sauce, then another layer of noodles, then another layer of sauce, then another layer of sauteed-ness. Don't forget the mozzarella!


Step 12: Cover that layer with noodles, then more sauce (I used 2 bottles in all), and then shredded mozz on top.


Step 13: Cover it with foil and bake for about 45 minutes or until the cheese it totally melted and bubbling. Notice that I used a disposable lasagna tray (about $2 at Hy-Vee) because ours is packed somewhere.

Voila!!!


1 comment:

  1. Since I know the author, I can say: This is about as much cooking as I've ever seen her do and I am impressed. Is the "chef" in your household enjoying his break? ;)

    ReplyDelete