Thursday, December 29, 2011

Jalapeno popper dip---> success!!!

Now, who doesn't like Jalapeno Poppers! Well, this girl doesn't. But, I have found a soft spot in my heart for this lovely jalapeno popper dip
(actual half-eaten dip--------------------------------------->)

Here is a recipe that was shared from my friend:

2 - 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese
1 cup real mayo
4 oz. can green chillies
4 oz. jalapenos, drained and chopped
1/2 c. parmesan cheese

Soften cream cheese and stir everything together except the parmesan cheese. Put in baking dish. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes ou until bubbly. Serve with tostitos or crackers. Enjoy!!

I made a few adaptations, because I just have such awesome cooking skills that I can do that.

Here is what I use:

2 - 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese- FAT FREE
1 cup real mayo- FAT FREE
2- 4 oz. can green chillies
a bunch of jalapenos (jarred) (aren't I specific). I also add a bit of the jalapeno juice in
covered with parmesan cheese (who needs to measure cheese?!)

I can tell you that you don't notice the difference in the fat free-ness with the jalapeno. Plus, did you know that 1 oz of cream cheese has 10g of fat...so 16 oz= 160 g of fat! 1 cup of Mayo has 80 grams of fat! So, fat free saves you about 240 grams of fat in this dip.

Your arteries can send me thank you letters directly.

1 comment:

  1. Will definately have to try it. Glad to hear fat free workable, cuz I read that first versions and felt my midsection widening :s

    ReplyDelete