Tuesday, December 27, 2011

What the heck is this blog?

As the blog title says, I hate cooking. And we're not talking just "uh, I'm tired" and I don't want to cook, We're talking "I'd rather eat peanut butter on saltines for dinner" than have to cook.

First, I should say, I am lucky. I have a husband who cooks. Not only does he cook, but he cooks well, like really well. We're talking win a cooking award well (albeit, a cooking award given by the downtown area of my very small town, but that's beside the point).

Secondly, I should say, I am very unlucky. We are gut rehabbing a house from 1886 that is a money pit a la Tom Hanks and Shelly Long (read about that here: This Old Hampshire House). So, my built in chef/husband turned contractor is very busy.

Now everyone, put away your tissues and the letter you are writing to Dr. Phil (or Rachel Ray) about my plight. OCCASIONALLY, I will take a stab it cooking. Generally, the stab at cooking ends up with turkey burgers spilled on the ground being eating by my dogs or just general nasty-ness, but occasionally things work out. Yes, you read this right. Try to contain your excitement. Occasionally I cook and occasionally the attempts are successful.

One more caveat before we start. I don't cook meat. SOMETIMES, I will cook chicken, but I will really only eat poultry and will barely cook those two. I think I'm just making a karmic offset for my Hindu husband who will eat/cook anything.... (that's how it works, right?).

So, why the heck and I doing this, you may ask? When the food that I occasionally cook occasionally turns out well, the odds are kind of like hitting the lottery. I figure I should share that wealth. In other words, if I can do it, any slightly competent person can do it. I am also very lazy when it comes to cooking (I mean, who really wants to peel garlic) and am always looking for ways to make it easier.

You want lazy, easy, fool proof tips that will occasionally be posted? I thought so!! Read on ;-)

2 comments: