Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Monster Cookies

Throw away that Cookie Crisp! Make room for some Monster Cookies. They do have oatmeal in them, so they make a perfect breakfast food, right?

The first time I heard of a Monster Cookie was at Panes. If you are in Chicago and haven't yet been to Panes you are missing out (3002 N Sheffield, Chicago, check it out.... the best sandwiches/ salads/cookies/food, etc).

This Christmas, I decided to make cookies from scratch. (Yes, you may laugh). I went on pinterest (more on that later) and found this recipe for Monster Cookies (click here)

Since I am not creative at all, I pretty much used this recipe, but made a few changes as written below. I also made 2 batches (doubled this), which resulted in maybe 5 dozen-ish.

Ingredients:

1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
½ cup butter
3 eggs (I use egg beaters)
1 ½ cups peanut butter (I used low fat Skippy...because when you are making fattening cookies, low fat helps, right?)
1 Tablespoon vanilla
2 teaspoons baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
4 cups oatmeal (the original recipe called for 4.5 cups, but 9 cups in a double batch was a lot!)
M&Ms (original recipe calls for 1 cup...why limit the best ingredient? I dumped in about a bag and a half)
chocolate chips (same as the M & Ms. I use milk chocolate)

Step 1: Mix them all in a bowl. You can slowly add ingredients, but why not just thrown them all in?

Step 2: Scoop mounds onto an ungreased cookie sheet. I actually bought this Reynolds wrap half foil, half parchment paper to protect the sheet (I mean, who wants to clean!):


Step 3: Cook them for about 15 minutes (may require more like 17) at 350.

Viola! Super awesome cookies!! This is my actual picture:

No comments:

Post a Comment