Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Smoothies

For the first "recipe" of this morning (remember blending=cooking in my book), here is a quick smoothie recipe.

Ingredients: fruit (I use bananas and frozen mixed berries and/or frozen mango), fat free vanilla yogurt, soy milk, OJ (optional). I also add chia seeds, flax seeds, and protein powder (optional).

Step 1: Get your blender ready!

Step 2: Add in about a cup of yogurt, just a bit of OJ (if you want...maybe like 4 oz), soy milk (about a cup), banana, frozen fruit (I use frozen berries from Hy-vee, sometimes frozen mango...there are a lot to choose from).



Step 3: Add in the chia seeds, flax seeds, and protein powder, if you want. Here is what I use:



You can get flax seeds and chia seeds at Hy-Vee in the health food area. I get this bag from Whole Foods (it's cheaper) and also get this powder from Whole Foods (although I bet you can get it at Hy-Vee.

Before we move on, you may ask, chia seeds? Like a chia pet?



Or the famous chia hair:


Yes, that's what I mean. Chia seeds are a "super food" (and pizza is a vegetable so take that as you may). Seriously, you can read about chia seeds here: chia seeds

Step 4: Blend and viola


Smoothie!!

No comments:

Post a Comment